Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Discovering Doug's" Spin It"

Coming home from a long drive of over 1100 miles, crying and upset that my mother had passed so quickly, I started thinking about the huge discovery that my mom had hidden in her locked safe, so many momentos that she cherished. Among some of those items, we discovered were many of our brother, Doug's possessions: one of those things was the copyright to his song called "Spin It". Also among those prized possessions were his copies of his song, his pride and joy, the record that he worked so hard to produce. Wrapped delicately, put away with much love and care, mom held those things so precious to her. She lost her only son, a son that brought her so much joy. Our dad, my sister, family and I have missed him so much.

6 comments:

  1. God bless you and your family on your loss.
    He is truly a great producer and will be missed. 20 years later, I appreciate his talents and music even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug was a friend and a mentor of sorts. He produced a band I was in called Aldebaran way back in 82-84. he taught me a lot about keyboards and musicality, and he was a truly phenomenal talent and friend. My friend Tim Wagner is celbrating his skydive on Face book if anyone wants to take a peek. RIP Doug, and thanks for all you did, and were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/31/2009

    I knew your mother from the times I would go over to Doug's house. She was one of the sweetest ladies I ever met. You could tell she was so proud of Doug. She called me when Doug was in the hospital in Houston.
    I was living in Houston at the time,
    not to far from the hospital so I went to see him. It broke my heart.
    Not to long after that I guess he moved up north somewhere. That was the last time I ever saw him.I still
    to this day talk about Doug and how great He was on the keyboard. Truly missed! J. Moates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/22/2010

    This music Doug created fills my soul with joy. I cherish this gem stone for all it's memories and the renewed acknowledgement that it is still light years ahead, even today. Thank you for your gift...spin it and keep me going round and round!
    Cheers in eternity Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/22/2010

    This music Doug created fills my soul with joy. It brings so many memories and the acknowledgement that even today it is still ahead of it's time in quality and innovation. Many thanks Doug for this gemstone. Spin it and keeping turning round and round!
    Cheers in Eternity Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8/06/2012

    Hi my Name is Arthur Ibarra i have been a DJ and Club promoter for 30+ years and still going strong.
    I'm sorry for your loss I'm hopping to get in touch with the Singer of the Song "Spin It" I would love to do a tribute to Doug Groover by having the song performed at an LA Club ASAP Please feel free to contact me at any time.
    My name is Arthur Ibarra my Ph. # is 818.518.6840 and e-mail is arthuribarra@aol.com.
    Thanks again I hope I hear from someone soon.

    ReplyDelete